Rs_5000 clock bits

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
What would the equivalent of S:40 in RS_500 be in RS_5000 and where do I find these, new to 5000 but I managed to write a counter off a cut pulse from the scrap cart and send it to a message read by a Micrologix. All that works I just need to reset counter at. 7am-3pm-11pm
In 500 I used the S:40 and an ONS

Logix controllers use the 'WallClockTime' object to store time and date data.

In your RSL5K/Logix Designer application you will need to create a DINT[7] array and then, using a GSV (Get System Value) In/Out type instruction you will access WallClockTime Class Name DateTime Attribute and place it within the newly created DINT[7] array.

DINT[0] will contain the current year
DINT[1] will contain the current month (1...12)
DINT[2] will contain the current day (1...31)
DINT[3] will contain the current hour (0...23)
DINT[4] will contain the current minute (0...59)
DINT[5] will contain the current seconds (0...59)
DINT[6] will contain the current microseconds (0...999999)

Use any relevant array members' values to control your applications.

Do all CLX controllers have a system clock? For some reason I thought some of them didn't, but I might be confusing that with SLCs

Do all CLX controllers have a system clock? For some reason I thought some of them didn't, but I might be confusing that with SLCs

All Logix class CPUs support the WallClockTime object; ControLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix or SoftLogix.

I found a ladder file with a SSV function block where it looks like they are syncing time with a Syncro Escada file

I found a ladder file with a SSV function block where it looks like they are syncing time with a Syncro Escada file

SSV stands for Set System Values; it writes to system objects; I'd leave alone any SSV instructions until getting more familiar with the Logix 5000 controllers.

You want to read(Get!) the system values and use them in your application.

Looks like this is either coming from or going to a tag named
Last_Time_Date that has 7 Dint's

Looks like this is either coming from or going to a tag named
Last_Time_Date that has 7 Dint's

Don't worry about the SSV; there probably is a SCADA 'master' clock which synchronizes all the floor controllers' date and time WallClockTime objects.

You need to GSV the WallClockTime of your particular controller and 'put' it into your own DINT[7] array tag then use the individual members as needed.

I will have to find out where my help files are maybe I didn't install them
when I go to help and instructions it says it cant find them.

I will read up on the GSV instruction as you stated to create my own Tag to swap out with what I used. Thanks