CLX (1756-CNBR) connections limitation in CNET?

ckchew666

Hi,

We have a redundant CLX system running with a ControlNet network. The existing connections in the network is about 58.

1) As I know, 1 Controlnet module supports 64 connections, if it's in a redundant network, where one 1756-CNBR is located in each local chassis, how many connections it can go? Still 64 or 128 connections?

2) We are adding in some Analog I/O modules, which sum up to be about another 20 connections, let's say if we add in another 1756-CNBR in each local chassis, shall the new analog I/O modules and 1756-CNBRs be located into the existing ControlNet network or it has to be in totally different CNET trunk cable?

Hope someone can clarify this.

Thx.

Regards,
CK Chew

Similar Topics

I am trying to send some datas from PLC-5 to control logix plc through 1756-DHRIO. When I go online to PLC-5, Message instruction gives error &...
Replies
Views
Can i terminate(put resistor in terminal of channel a)the blue hose of an existing plc5 dh+ network to a new 1756-dhrio in new clx rack without...
Replies
Views
Dear all, may be people here wants to share experiance about interconnection between two controllers AB 1756-L73, as per this attachment pic, im...
Replies
Views
After noticing that the L61 is now more expensive than the L71 and the obvious benefits I have been considering making it our new replacement...
Replies
Views
Hi All , I have around 27 units talking to CLX PLC over Modbus . From each unit i am getting temperature and pressure . Based on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom