Error Saying I/o Not Configured

senen

hi guys,
click rslogix 500 icon...click file..click new...enter rung and input and output instruction..verify file..having error NOT CONFIGURED I/O.
CLICK file...open existing file...added rung..enter input and output instruction..verify file...ok no error.

can u give me a hint what causing that error when ceating a new file. i doubleclick input files at the project tree..the dialog box only shows offset....no i/o's

The difference between the existing project and the new project is that you havent yet setup the io configuration.
Find the IO Configuration in the existing project to get a good starter on how to do it.
Basically you have to select one or more racks, and add io cards.

hi jesper,
the laptop i've been using already configure to work with
micrologic 1000.this is my first time to have that kind of problem.maybe i did something stupid..like what u said i might need to configure it again.

thanks

hmmm..

I supposed that it was an SLC.
If you use a ML1000 then the io is fixed and probably doesnt have to be setup.

Two things can have gone wrong.

1. You specified something else than a ML1000 when you created a new project. Check under controller properties what controller is selected.

2. You specified an address outside the available io to the ML1000.
Open the input image table, and the output image table to see what addresses are available.

(3. I dont think that you typed the address in a wrong format, because then the error message would have been different.)

hi,

in my data files in the project tree..i doubleclick input..the dialog box only shows the offset in the first line..the next line shows no data exist.same thing with the output image.THE DIALOG BOX IS AS SHOWN.
OFFSET 15 14 13 12................1
NO DATA EXIST.

WITH EXISTING FILE..IT SHOWS ..
OFFSET 15 14 13 12....................1
I0 0 0 0 0....................0

There is no display of the addresses because you are not online.
I think that the available addresses are shown witha "." (period).
If you were online they would have been shown as "0" or "1" to indicate OFF and ON.

I think that the correct input addreses starts from I:0/0 and the outputs from O:0.0, try them for starters.

What was the address that gave the error message ?

hi,
that dialog box that i show you...i'm not even online too..i've trie
I:0/0...O:0/0...SAME RESULT..the only thing i failed to do is doubleclick the error message.for some reason only the I/O IS THE ONLY ONE GIVING ME PROBLEM...THE BIT FILE DIALOG BOX..SHOWS OK..TIMER /COUNTER SHOWS OK TOO.

hey guys,

first of all ,,i like to thank u all..when i can back to work
i doublecheck my I/O CONFIGURATION...and it is not set right..i set it ml 1000 series 1761 and it work ok now..this is now the second time
that this forum helps me solve any problem i have...thanks again for the time u spent to help me...