Wireless comms to PLCs

pablo2000

Just wondering, does anybody know of any PLCs (or plans for PLCs) to utilise the many wireless protocols that exist these days? I've just had to do uploads of VPE equipment on the plant floor and had to drag around four different cables for AB SLCs/PLCs. Surely Bluetooth or something could be used to communicate! Or is it thought that there would be too much interference for wireless comms? Anyone any thoughts?

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I have read a few threads regarding setting up an AP to wirelessly communicate with PLC networks, but I have a unique question on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am having lots of issues with wireless I/O and losses. Here is what the architecture is: Central - ControlLogix L62 processor. Remote 1...
Replies
Views
I want to communicate with a dlink pocket router / access point to an allen bradley 1756-L61 ControlLogix 5561 controller through an ethernet card...
Replies
Views
I know that there are a few threads about this, but all I have read are not what I'm looking for. Is there away to communicate between the PC and...
Replies
Views
Ok.here goes. I need to connect 2 by micologix1200 plc's,approximately 200m distance between them with wireless ethernet. Then connect a SLC505...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom