A-B Thermocouple card

Caveman

Last night we had a problem with a thermocouple card.
The heater band shorted to ground and faulted the card.
We tried for a LONG time to try to trouble-shoot this problem
but gave up and re-downloaded the program and the fault
went away. How can a person view the WORDS related to
this fault or card (4 in all) ??? The manual is unclear
on how to do this.

A-B 5/04L plc using RS Logix 5 I can't remember the # of
the thermocouple card. It took about about 15 min. to download
if that tells you how big the file is (over 350 ladder files).

I hope this is enough info to understand the problem.

Thanks in advance
Jeff K.

The a-b card for the slc 500's are 1746-nt4 (4 channel), 1746-nt8 (8 channel), or 1746-int4 (isolated 4 channel).
The manual for any a-b product is on there site.

a-b nt4,8,int4 basic info on the 3 cards

a-b site

Did you try cycling power to the plc? Sounds like the card may have lost its configuration. The words to view the cards tables are like any other card. The only difference is that this module has input and output files attached to it. (Just look in your i/o data tables) The output file is your configuration file (setup type of tc, filter time,ch enable, etc.)

Drewcrew6