any one in north carolina i could contact?

32racer

i posted on here yesterday for the 1st time and got alot of help. i am currently building a machine to bag clothes in dry cleaners. i have no plc expereince and know very little about them. i have been installing these machines for a few years now and actually have a whole plc from one. i would like to talk to someone over the phone about a plc and try to get some help. i just do not know what i need and how much it will cost. i looked at some plcs that were recommended to me from this site. i have a picture of the control panel from the machine i currently install if this could help. i guess what i am asking for is if somone could send me there phone number in my private message i could call them and talk to them about this machine. i have heard that the plc is gonna cost 3 thousand dollars and i just referred to some from this site that are only like 300 dollars. my machine is pretty basic with less than 15 inputs and 20 outputs. most of the in puts are proximity switches and outputs are air valves. thanks for any help chris

here is a picture of the current plc

here is a picture of the control panel from the machine i currently install all of the components are moeller. i would like to go with something differnt. thanks chris

polypack 027.jpg

no problem

there is no problem with it i just would like to use some other brand so my machine is not so much like the competitors. i am already using some of there ideas and would like to use my own brand plc thanks chris

Racer
If you are using just relay / timer / counter logic with no math I would use the Automation Direct equipment. I have been using it for years with no problems. The folks at Automation Direct have customer service that is second to none! Plus there in Cumming Ga.
also Im in Upstate SC.

What is wrong with AD doing math. Can you explain a little more because I'm starting a project where their will be a lot of math and using a 205 with a 260 processor.

12T/C and 2 servo

Rich1955 said:
What is wrong with AD doing math.

Nothing, really.

They have a smaller instruction set than AB, so don't expect to do differential equations or trig functions in a 260-CPU.

The "tough" part is learning to do stack math. But, you can reduce the mental gymnastics required by splitting your equations into multiple rungs.

AK

32racer

For the money, about $500.00 you can get a AD DL06 sofware, cables, and manuals etc.. So go and buy one and start learning. If the Moller will bag your clothes the DL-06 will. As a matter of fact the DL-06 will run circles around your Moller..and probably for less money.

Thats my advice..

Mike.

This is for Rich.
The math in the Automation Direct doesn't let you see movements in your value passage from instruction to instruction. It makes it harder to tune systems because you can't see whats going on.
2. no floating point instruction.
But I do like the PID in the AD.

Hope this helps.
Lynn

lynn davis said:
The math in the Automation Direct doesn't let you see movements in your value passage from instruction to instruction. It makes it harder to tune systems because you can't see whats going on.

You might try using the Data View to watch your calculations in process.

lynn davis said:
2. no floating point instruction.

Take a look at the manual. The DL06 and DL260 instruction sets in particular. The math instructions that end in "R" like ADDR, ATANR, DIVR etc.. are floating point instructions.

They are also instructions for trignometric functions in the 260.
There are four feature enhanced CPUs in this product line, the DL230, DL240,DL250–1 and DL260. All CPUs include built-in communication ports. Each CPU offers a large amount of program memory, a substantial instruction set and advanced diagnostics. The DL250–1 features drum timers, floating–point math, 4 built in PID loops with automatic tuning and 2 bases of local expansion capability.
The DL260 features ASCII IN/OUT and extended MODBUS communications, table and trigonometric instructions, 16 PID loops with autotuning and up to 4 bases of local expansion. Details of these CPU features and more are covered in Chapter 3,CPU Specifications and Operation.

From the DL06 manual
http://web4.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d006userm/d06uservol1.pdf
The DL06 Micro PLC family includes eight different
versions. All have the same appearance and CPU
performance. The CPU offers an instruction set very similar to our powerful new DL260 CPU including new easy to use ASCII and MODBUS instructions. All DL06 PLCs have two built-in communications ports that can be used for programming, operator interface, networking, etc.

32Racer:

Another approach to set yourself different would be to use an Entertron PLC. It does not come in a rack or a brick. It has a lot of features, can be called an embedded micro processor control, you can tell your customers that it is custom made for you, etc.

Price is competetive, FREE software and FREE tech support. Heavier output ratings and a very good guarentee!

Plus, your program is PROPRIETORY!

Entertron Site Link

You can get their sortware (FREE) and wite a program, and then run it on simulate without a plc.

Check out their site, call Stephen, and mention PLCS.net.

regards.....casey