data collection

eastkodakguy

Hi all,
I have an upcoming job for a customer after the new year. Here is a list of what is currently being utilized. 16 AB Control logix chassis. Each chassis has 2 Control logix 5555 processors along with a Sercos, Controlnet, Devicenet, Ethernet, and various I/O modules. 1 procesor is used for general logic and the other for controlling 2 servo axis which sends and recieves data from the sercos module to an AB ultra servo drive. Each rack is also connected to a PC running Intellution Ifix. The Ifix handles general machine functions along with a database which holds all the recipes and their associated data. Each database in the Ifix/PC is identical, so whenever a change is made to one recipe I have go to each and every ifix/pc and change them also. My project is to use ethernet to network each chassis to a single central pc which will do all of the recipe handling. Besides handling recipes this pc will also handle downtime, fault codes, etc. I am looking for a nice software package reasonably priced which will do most of what I want. Anyone have any idea's or suggestions
thanks
Dallas Smith

"MES" and "reasonably priced" are not neccarily synonymous terms.

Since you are using iFix, consider adding iHistorian, and GE/Fanuc's new Proficy product line. They have a downtime module that might exactly fit your needs.

If you are just looking for tools to help manage the current project of iFix and Controllogix, remember that both systems export to/import from CSV files. Excel excels as a manipulator of that kind of database.

If you are in need of an intergrator for this, let me know. By coincidence, that's the same sort of project I'm currently working on.