AB-1394 Servo to begin phase out Next Year

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
The following is my understanding of what I was told by an AB Tech Support Person.... I do not guarantee any of the following ....Make your own call to AB for your proof!

Just got off the phone w/ AB GML tech support and in the midst of the discussion it came up that AB will be discontinuing all 1394 models EXCEPT the Turbo and "L" series (1.5 Axis) Next June (06/2003).

It also sounds like no updates or revisions of GML Commander will be happening from now on.... If you're comfortable with what you have, you might consider skipping the support contract for your software to save a few bucks....

Again, I do not guarantee any of the above. Call AB or your distributer for confirmation.

Similar Topics

I am looking to upgrade some of our old Servo Drives to the newer kinetix 5700 style. currently we have 4 1394 axis that are all driven by 5kw...
Replies
Views
I have an Allen-Bradley 1394 servo drive that is giving me an intermittent over-travel fault. (a couple of times a day) This system has be...
Replies
Views
We are replacing a 1394 controller and I am trying to decipher the RIO side of the controlling PLC (SLC) I am at a loss as to how the addresses of...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a person that has the skill/knowledge to test/repair AB 1394 Servo controllers using GML Commander. Please contact me asap. Thank...
Replies
Views
OK guys, I know this is going way back but I am sure there are some guys who have seen this before. I have a 1394 servo running a 2 axis pick and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom