Rslogix 5000 Latest Version

JIM L

J
Wednesday December 22, 2004 1:43 PM (NEW!)

Hello,

Anyone know the latest Rslogix 5000 version out there....My AB rep wasn't sure...He thinks its Rev 13...

......I am ready to order Rslgix 5000 for a new project...

....But I recently received a Product Service Advisory (ref ACIG 2004-10-005) saying that rev 13 is still broken ..

.something about downloading code and then it won't execute unless you test the edits..

..I thought thats the way it always worked...

From the Rockwell Software "Using RSLogix 5000" forum:

We are skipping the V14 number and using it for an internal development so the next major release will be called V15. The release date and feature list has not changed - only the number. The target date for V15 is June 2005.

Here are the major items planned for V15:

Integrated PhaseManager
Increased program limit (100) for select controllers
Enhanced FBD PIDE Configuration
SFC Action String Indicator tags
Add 1756 I/O Online via ControlNet
I/O on ControlNet via unscheduled bandwidth
Change module revisions on/off-line
Add new UDTs and delete unreferenced UDTs on-line
Configurable Report Margins
Discontinued Windows NT Support
Windows2003 Server Support
Open “file-copy” of locked project
Trending added to RSLogix 5000 Mini and Lite Editions
Motion Axis Inhibit
ControlFlash for SERCOS motion drives
Support for 1768-L4x CompactLogix Platform

-------------------------
Phil Muren
Product Marketing - Software
Logix / Netlinx / Kinetix Business
Rockwell Automation

Guess I spoke too soon.. I see 12.05 also.. unless you are talking about Control Logix and Rslogix 5000 package, it's even higher

13.00 is the current General Release. But there is no need to order specific version. When you order you will get the latest version plus all the previous version on another CD.

You will not get ALL the previous versions. If you order V13, you will get backwards-compatibility thru V10. If you need an older version (i.e. 8.02 or 8.52 special redundancy releases), you can get your distributor to burn you a copy that will work with your V13/12/11/10 activation.

I finally found the REAL, OFFICIAL answer

http://www.software.rockwell.com/corporate/revs/

And the answer is: Confusing.

If you don't speak English, the answer is 13.00.00.

If you have the "Full" version, the answer is 13.03.00

But if you have the "Professional" version, then the answer is 13.03.00, but 13.01.00 is a "Candidate Release" (i.e., Beta), and should be better?

I recently received a Product Service Advisory (ref ACIG 2004-10-005) saying that rev 13 is still broken

I also received that Advisory. If you read it closely, you'll see that it only applies to STL coding, only when you are making online changes in an STL routine, and only when you right-click to cancel the pending edits of your online STL changes.

Not something I'm worried about.

Last edited:
mgvol said:
If you order V13, you will get backwards-compatibility thru V10. If you need an older version (i.e. 8.02 or 8.52 special redundancy releases)

I ordered a customer copy, part #9324RLD300ENE (it came as version 12.02.00)

In the box were 5 CD's:

1) RSTrainer2000 Demo
2) Drive Executive Lite
3) RSLogix 5000, Firmware Docs, and Service packs for V12.02
4) RSLogix 5000 versions 10.02 through 12.02
5) RSLogix 5000 Pre-10 versions

The pre-10 versions cd contains V7.02, V8.02 and V8.52

Did they quit including the "pre-10 versions" CD??

Last edited:
Evidently, they have stopped shipping the older versions, because I just had a customer purcahse V13 and it only came with 13/12/11/10. He needed 8.02, which I had to download from the the RA Extranet and give to him. That seems to be the procedure; if you have a legal current activation, your distributor can get you the older versions which will work w/the current activation. Have done this a number of times as we have several customers with redundancy applications, and when they add a line and want to keep all their software at the same Rev, they don't want to mess with the redundancy apps that are working by upgrading them to the latest rev. So they buy the new stuff for the activation and we get them the older Revs.