Can u help me on a RSLogix 5000 program?

agariza

I am completely stuck on building a ladder program that requires a start button to be pressed 3 times to turn on motor 1. Then motor 2 starts when the same button is pushed 2 more times. Pushing the button one more time turns both motors off and resets everything. The program I build does not work n I have no idea why not.

Im on my phone so cant post a program but...

Push button = counter value, counter value = to motor starters to run/start/stop

for some reason that i cannot see its not working for me. Can you give me a cpl lines of logic so I can see what I'm doing wrong. Ive got pb going to a counter but the counter isn't counting

When start button is pushed 3 times, conveyer 1 will start. Conveyer 2 will start when the same button is pushed 2 more times. Pushing the button one more time will turn both conveyers off and reset everything

Don't worry about counting yet.

Do you see the CU output bit of the CONT1 object turn green on that first CTU instruction when the three XIC instructions' operands' values, ESTOP and START BUTTON 3 and SELECTOR 2 ON, are all 1?

If not, solve that problem first.

I am completely stuck on building a ladder program that requires a start button to be pressed 3 times to turn on motor 1. Then motor 2 starts when the same button is pushed 2 more times. Pushing the button one more time turns both motors off and resets everything. The program I build does not work n I have no idea why not.
I got it figured out, thanks for replying

for some reason that i cannot see its not working for me. Can you give me a cpl lines of logic so I can see what I'm doing wrong. Ive got pb going to a counter but the counter isn't counting
You are at a crossroads between being a beginner programmer and being a competent programmer.

Beginner programmers think like this: "I know I told it do do A, but it is doing B, so I think something is broken in the PLC because it won't do what I told it to do."

Competent programmers think like this: "I thought I told it to do A, but it is doing B, so I know I actually told it to do B, because the PLC cares not a whit what I want it to do, but it will mercilessly and inexorably do exactly what I tell it to do."

It's a subtle difference, but it makes a huge difference in how you diagnose the problem.

This is what I would do:

IMG_7338.png