RSLinx and Access/Excel

TimeFluxCap

Hi all

A theory question here

With RSLinx you can read values from a SLC/Mircologix and place those values into a Access table or Excell sheet right?

Does it work the other way as well, such as having a value in a Access table or excell sheet and having the PLC read the value in to an address via RSLinx?

Thanks

Put simply, "yes, sure".

When you are reading data from the PLC, the trigger is pretty straightforward; you define an update rate for the DDE Topic and RSLinx polls for the data.

When you are writing data to the PLC, the trigger is less straightforward. It's often a Macro Button, but sometimes it's a periodic routine in Visual Basic or something more exotic. It's not something you just fill in a blank for in RSLinx.

Using "DDE Pokes" is well documented in the RSLinx literature and in numerous RA Knowledgebase documents.

Thanks Ken

I am away from work but fly back tomorrow where I will have a go.

Im using RSLinx Pro and will do a search for DDE pokes

Thanks again, will post again if I have success!