Micromaster 440 AOP & PROFIBUS

Prince

Hi

I am using Micromaster 440 in a system, They are 3 inverters connected with USS bus and a unique AOP for parametrization of all 3. They are contolled by digital I/O,

Can I use a Profibus card on the mentioned Inverters too. Does it make any problem for the presently working bus system ?

Regards
Prince

Bico

I have never tried USS and profi , but you can certainly use profi and a normal analogue as setpoints , either summing them or selecting them dependant on ther state of digital inputs .

Kindly note that I do not want to use USS for inverter control. I am just simply using it for installing a unique AOP for several inverters. And I use that AOP just for parametrization and no more.

uss

I don't see that you have a problem in that case , the AOP would be transparent as far as profibus is concerned - I was under the impression that you wanted to use the AOP for control as well .
If it was me , I would paramterize the drives over profibus with the paid for version of drivemon

Thanks for your help.

That would be a very better suggesstion. I will surely test and use the starter for parametrization I use AOP for the maintenance staff but I have another question from the proffessionals here who have used the starter for parametrizing the system.

Must I consider anything when I am choosing PPOs if I want to use starter for parameterizing ? Does this feature needs PKW words or they can remain 0 ?

Thanks again for your help

starter software

I might be mistaken , but the starter version I have doesn't support connection over profibus , only via the AOP extension kit

Prince,

Have your Siemens rep. show you DriveES. This is a tool that integrates your drives with Step7. It will add a lot of functionality
like parameterization over profibus, converting drive parameter sets to data blocks for downloading.. all from Step7.

PS- You can use USS and profibus at the same time. You can even control from both if you switch data sets.

Thanks for the new answers but my question still remained unanswered.
Can I use the starter with no PKW enabled for the drive; or I must choose a standard with PKWs enabled? If so How many of them will be enough ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
No offense but If the support teams were good enough Nobody would need guys like us ...

PKW data is for parameter changing (P1000..etc..) through profibus or USS (your PLC)
This has nothing to do with changing parameters through Starter.

PKW is parameter data (reading and writing parameters)
PZD is process data (cyclic data -speed, current, bus voltage..)

Hi guys ...

Can I use my PC/PPI cable to communicate with micro-master.. if I have "Drive Monitor" software?(which I received along with the dirve)

thanks.