PC/PPI communication

pc_freaker666

Hi

I'm a student, and i kneed some info about what i need and how do i configure a PC/PPI communication between 2 S7-200 PLC's

can someone help???

I don't know much about it, at school we only make programs for this S7-200 :D

greetings

hi pc freaker...

well..if I understand correctly, you want to establish communication between 2 S7200...for that you don't need pc/ppi cable..

you only need pc/ppi cable when you wanna program your plc and to link your pc to plc.

now...you can simply connect a straight D9 pins cable between 2 plcs and use NETR and NETW instructions.

if you don't know how to do this ...ask you teacher and try to figure out how to do it your self ...if you can't then come back here and we will help.

best regards.khalil

hi,

thnx for your reply,

but can you tell me what kind of cable i need. Is it just a serial cable whit 2 conectors without that box whit dipswitches am i right??

and how i do configure this, we use Win Micro step 7 i think.
is it possible whit this software??

thnx

hi PC_freaker,

yes you only need 2 serial connectors and a cable.

microwin is the tool for programming S7-200,in the instruction tree
under communication you will find NETR - NETW instructions.

also try and use the wizard available with microwin...I am not sure which version do you have ...but mine is v3.2 and its there.. anyways..go to(in microwin) tools--->instruction wizard--->NETR /W .

hope this help.

best regards.