PC PPI Cable Siemens

kouim92kostas

Hello everyone.

I have a question, because I searched the internet and I couldn't find anything about it.

I have two pc-ppi cables. The one has the following data written on it :
6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0
SC-V4F55499
E-stand:03

And the other one the following:
901-3CB30-0XA0
SC-A1vd2034
E-stand:06

What is the difference between the E-stand:03 and the E-stand:06 ? Will there be a connectivity issue with the PLC (mostly CPU 222, 224 & 224XP)?

Thanks......

E-Stand is related to the hardware manufacturing of the device. It could be that some electronic parts are different.
Since the type no 6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0 is the same, they should work the same.

E-Stand is related to the hardware manufacturing of the device. It could be that some electronic parts are different.
Since the type no 6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0 is the same, they should work the same.

Understood.

However, I tried the cable with the E-stand 06, I put the dip switches exactly the same as the old one (the E-stand 03) and it didn't work.

Then it is defective.

Well my friend... Thanks for your reply.....

I've been trying to figure out why the new cable isn't working. I couldn't find anything.

The only difference beyond the E-stand is that the old one says Made in Germany and the new one says Made in China.

Maybe my question is dumb, but is there any chance this could be the problem?
Because I can't find any other reason.

If the chinese one that's not working you have just answered your own question.
Lots of stuff from china either does not work or packs up after a time, one curious thing I still ponder about is a mate of mine is really into electronic gadgets, especially small cameras, he buys them from a chinese source, he uses them for when he is snorkling or diving usually the ones with a waterproof cover that work to quite a depth, all these have failed after about 12 months they seem to work except do not record onto the card. we only talked about this a few months ago, the only two that have worked for a couple of years are a Mobius & a Gopro, It appears although cannot be proved is that somehow these things stop working (nearly all in the same manner) after 12 months almost as if it is designed to. the jury is open on that one.

If the chinese one that's not working you have just answered your own question.
Lots of stuff from china either does not work or packs up after a time, one curious thing I still ponder about is a mate of mine is really into electronic gadgets, especially small cameras, he buys them from a chinese source, he uses them for when he is snorkling or diving usually the ones with a waterproof cover that work to quite a depth, all these have failed after about 12 months they seem to work except do not record onto the card. we only talked about this a few months ago, the only two that have worked for a couple of years are a Mobius & a Gopro, It appears although cannot be proved is that somehow these things stop working (nearly all in the same manner) after 12 months almost as if it is designed to. the jury is open on that one.

So... You tell me, in a few words that, maybe, there is no solution to my issue, I guess. Only to find and buy Made in German version.