Basic Switch Wiring

th1nker

Hi All,

I have a normal toggle switch and have read the faq but I'm not sure how to wire it to the inputs on the DL06. Just a bit sscard of damaging the DL06. Can some one point me in the right direciton.

Thanks, Luke

Would have helped if you mentioned what kind of toggle...momentary? maintained? single or dual contacts?

A maintained toggle is basically a switch, if it has one contact then you wire thru it to the plc input. Can depend if AC or DC which wire goest to the plc input.

The DL06 manual has wiring diagrams that show switches or contacts...if the toggle has one contact then you run thru it to 1 input on the plc.
If it has 2 contacts then you run from it to 2 inputs...in many cases the supply to the toggle can be the same but the application can make it require separate supplies. Look at Chapter 2:
http://web4.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d006userm/d06uservol1.pdf

There is a need to be specific so the question can be answered properly.

Last edited: