Thanks

jdr

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for keeping the forum interesting and informative. I just started a class in PLC's, although I've been working with them for the past year or so. Some of the other guys from work are in class with me and we were discussing NPN and PNP sensors. They were confused as to what was what by looking at a diagram, and I remembered something that I saw up here. NPN = Not Pointing iN. After looking at me like a moron for a minute, I drew a few diagrams, they understood, and I didn't look like such an idiot. Although I've learned a great deal from reading the forum, it's the stuff like that that I share with the coworkers that makes it really cool. Thanks much to all, and I look forward to reading more stuff, and contributing more in the future.

My name is Josh, and I'm a Maintenance Tech. (Sounds like a commercial for a PowerBook, doesn't it?)

Thanks again.

rsdoran,

That's the thread I looked for last night. I remember seeing it when it first got posted, and was blown away. Guess I just didn't search far enough back. That's a way better explanation of PNP / NPN than I've probably ever gotten, as well as sinking and sourcing.