AG_SEND error

Jan650GS

Hi,

Im using a Siemens Simatic 300 PLC.

Using a CP343 module to transmit via TCP/IP

In my AG_SEND block ( FC 5 ) STATUS I get the following error code:
0x8093. I dont know what this error indicate, I can't find any
reference to it in the Siemens documentation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jan

In the Simatic Manager, click on FC5 to highlight it and then press F1 to open up the help file. It's possible that you may need to click on some other links in the main help file to get to the error messages, but there in there somewhere.

The 8093 error is actually derived from the SFC58 call that the AG_Send uses, so it won't show up in the AG_Send help (although, in my opinion it probably should, since it would have taken the Siemens documentation guys all of two minutes to cut and paste it).

The 8093 indicates that the module specified in the FC call is not valid. Usually this means that you forgot to convert the module address to hex or something like that. Double check that and that it matches your hardware config, and we'll go from there.

Ty S7Guy,

In my hardware config, my CP343-1 IT's Input address starts at 256
converted to Hex, gives me ox100.

This is the value I have in the LADDR input of the AG_SEND.

I have checked my hardware config again, and it seems OK.
Thanks for the info.

I still get the same status error.

Ok, let's look at something else. What is the Connection ID? Also, which AG_SEND are you using (just give me the byte length as listed in the library). And, what is the data length that you are sending?

Ok, can you check a couple of things for me?

1. Can you ping the IP address of the card?
2. Bring up a VAT table and tell me what the values of PID260 and PID266 are.
3. In addition to the 8093 code, is the actual ERROR bit set?

Maybe that will give us some clues.

Hi S7Guy,
1. Can you ping the IP address of the card?

Probably a stupid Question, but i have to ask! Having no S7 Ethernet experience, Do you ping S7 devices on ethernet the same way as Computers? i.e from the Command line or is it through the S7 software?

Thanks
Steve

Hi all,

I managed to figure out that the error was caused by the fact that I have tested the sofware in the PLC simulator mode. The hardware was on site installed by someone elese, when i got there the software worked perfectly.

Thanks for all your help.

Its a pitty that Siemens dont give this error code in any of their documentation.

I have aproblem :
i have S7 simatic manager . on my program ihave an i/p i see it only online and i know the source of it (it comes from pressure switch) but i cant find it when i search on it i want to know where can i find it?? and when i go to location why i can't find it??