Omron Host Link & Cimplicity

rmor

R
We are trying to communicate serially to an Omron C2000h via Host Link with GE Fanuc Cimplicity Plant Edition Ver 6.1. We can read DM memory areas but cannot write to them. I know using Cx Programmer you must put the PLC in Monitor mode to do a write. I do not beleive that Cimplicity is doing this. We get an error code "Not executable in Run Mode", hex 0001. Omron says it is GE's problem and GE is not sure what the problem might be. GE is going to try some testing on an Omron machine. Do any of you have any suggestions or experience with an HMI talking to Omrons via Host Link? We are using the adapter 3G2A6-LK201-EV1 that plugs into the CPU.

Thanks.

Similar Topics

I have an Omron Sysmac C28K PLC with a 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 Host Link Unit on it, I am able to connect with SYSWIN 3.4 without issue. I also have an...
Replies
Views
I have put together a post to read memory areas from the Omron PLC using VBA. This is a serial communication using (Sysmac Way) Host Link...
Replies
Views
Has anyone done any reverse engineering on the Omron Mailbox (MB) command? There are a few things I want to do, such as upload program only, that...
Replies
Views
I have a project to replace an old Omron #3G2C7CPU74E unit with a newer type. The equipment is still in operation. I have no documents or drawings...
Replies
Views
I need the details of the host link command :MB . Can anyone help me ? Thank you !
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom