Implementing the Omron Host Link Protocol using VBA

gclshortt

I have put together a post to read memory areas from the Omron PLC using VBA. This is a serial communication using (Sysmac Way) Host Link protocol.

This will walk you through the steps in getting the serial port to work in visual basic applications (VBA), setting the communication parameters, and sending / receiving the information back from the PLC.

Here is the post:
How to Implement the Omron Host Link Protocol Part 2 – VBA

Excel-Omron-Host-Link-08.png

If you have any question, let me know.
Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

Similar Topics

Here is a post that will assist in implementing the Omron CX Server DDE. Utilizing the CX Server DDE Manager will allow us to provide a link to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a project where I need to use a CLX to communicate with a 3rd party device that exchanges data via XML formatted commands and HTTP...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am working on designing a new HMI interface using InTouch. Now I want to implement an easter egg but it's becoming quite arduous...
Replies
Views
Hi all, For the sake of organization and consistency would it make sense to group devices found in the unit's control panel (E-stop/safety...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application where I need to implement an override of a temperature trip. Essentially, this is a distillation column, but when...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom