Implementing easter egg in InTouch WindowMaker

SkunkaMunka

Hello All, I am working on designing a new HMI interface using InTouch. Now I want to implement an easter egg but it's becoming quite arduous
Firstly, I created a secret button with the "open window" in animation links to produce the popup window. Trouble is the secret window is present in the windows panel. I need something more discrete.

Secondly, my plan was that you press secret button, starts timer and I have a condition script which permits a tag to be true for 3 seconds. I connect this tag to a symbol containing the secret text which uses "Open Window (or "open window/tag" in animation links I think) but it doesn't work because the "Disable Window" function doesn't conceal the window again after the timer.

My goal is: Press Secret Button --> Secret Text appears for 3 seconds --> Secret Text disappears. I have tried implementing this but I can't quite crack it.

I tried messing around with the "blink", "Orientation" and a few others in Animation Links but I feel like my inexperience in scripting is holding me back

I ask for assistance
Thanks

Window script(while showing) on the active window, or application script(While Running)

I do something similar for a different reason, force a auto logoff of a higher level user.
Supervisor logs in, access level and displayed username changes for 5 minutes.
A "timer" is initiated. Every second the timer value is increased by 1, when it hits its trigger value the supervisor is logged out by force login of Operator.

IF TMR < 300 And $AccessLevel > 500 Then
TMR=TMR+1
Else
Login Operator.
TMR=0

That is really all you need to do to make what you want work. You just need to have a value for your secret window or text label to have its visibility controlled by in the Then and Else statement parts.

Window script(while showing) on the active window, or application script(While Running)

I do something similar for a different reason, force a auto logoff of a higher level user.
Supervisor logs in, access level and displayed username changes for 5 minutes.
A "timer" is initiated. Every second the timer value is increased by 1, when it hits its trigger value the supervisor is logged out by force login of Operator.

IF TMR < 300 And $AccessLevel > 500 Then
TMR=TMR+1
Else
Login Operator.
TMR=0

That is really all you need to do to make what you want work. You just need to have a value for your secret window or text label to have its visibility controlled by in the Then and Else statement parts.
So I have a timer that starts when the secret button is pressed and for 3 seconds I have a tag which is equal to 1 in a condition script. I attach this tag to the "Visibility" heading of the text symbol. This doesn't make the secret text visible for 3 seconds ONLY

My assumption is that as long as the tag controlling "Visibility" is = 1, the symbol text will be visible. Is this correct?

Are you able to produce a sample script to perform this function
(Also if you can utilise a text box instead of a separate window, that would be great)

Thanks

For mine the 6000 is adapted to the current timing the original programmer. They had it executing every 100ms. SO make it work the way I wanted I just had to work with their frequency.
With this I start tracking the logged in time of the high level user..
---
IF TMR < 6000 AND $AccessLevel > 500 THEN
TMR = TMR+1;
ENDIF;
---

here I watch for the expire point of the timer as long as the user is higher than Operator.
---
IF TMR>=6000 AND $AccessLevel > 500 THEN
$OperatorEntered = "Operator";
$PasswordEntered = "Operator";
TMR=0;
ENDIF;
---

You just need to to work in the Else. And set your secondary check via your command button/secret spot to 1. Replace my Access level with your secondary check variable. Use that to show a popup window.

But also... put a close button on that popup. Otherwise you will honk your users off when they have something interfering with their operation.

to zero the timer on a logout via the logout button i just have tmr=0; along with the same operator login lines.