S5 and S7 analogue (difference)

userxyz

Hi,

We have an old S5 rack with analogue inputs 4-20mA (4 DMU (4wire))

We have a redoxmeasure (don't mind redox), it gives it's value to an S7 CPU; in that CPU the value is scaled to -500 tot +500. And when u look on the redox itself it shows the same value.

But, now, I they want another redoxmeasure, but I connected it on a S7 analogo input 4-20mA 4DMU. I used the same scale block for -500 to +500. Result, it doesn't match the redox ?

So, the input of S7 analogue is till 279xx ...

and S5 to 32768 ? If that is so, then I have to change the Offset of my programmed function...

greetz

clear some things up

well, i have to clear some things up...

S7 has an analogue input 4-20mA that gives us an integer of 27912 when we have 20mA @ the input.

What is the integer when we have 20mA on an S5 inputcard ? is it the same or is it 32768 or something like that ?

it's not that simple in S5....the PW contains some status bits as well as the value

....from the 'Simatic S5 Software Reference Guide' (again)

analog input format.png