OPC and OFFICE XP

userxyz

Hi,

Today I had a workshop @ Siemens about OPC. I can make a connection with the PC WOrkstation Configurator now. And reading a variable in OPC SCOUT works fine.

But, we do not have Protool pro, wincc or whatever scada package. And I would try some things with OPC...

And I tought, why not in Office...

My question: Is there anyone who has an example program for me (editable), so I can understand the very basics of it. Let's say, building a macro and reading a variable ..., something like that...

THANKS VERVERYVERY MUCH !!!

Can you use DDE instead?

It is very easy to read live DDE data in Excel. It's a little more effort to write data. You'll need to write at least a tiny bit of VBA code. If you use OPC, you'll probably need to create VBA macros for both read and write operations.

There are other threads here which cover your situation. Do a quick search for "Excel" or "OPC."

AK

Combo,

HERE is a link to a description how to setup Excel with OPC.
Unfortunately it is in danish (!).
From page 9 are all the details about setting up Excel. Maybe you can grasp the basic idea from just looking at the pictures. ;)

I tried to find a guide on Siemens main FAQ database, but I couldnt locate it. :confused: