simaticnet opc, linear scaling?

dbptx

I know nothing about simaticnet OPC server. I do know Kepware. I would only ever scale raw to engineering in the PLC, but it is possible to scale in Kepware.

This is the iFix config for this tag
CPU;READ;DB23;REAL130;S7:[OPC_1]

I'm using OPC Scout V10 and the properties for DB23;REAL130 don't show any scaling information. Is it even possible? Am I even looking in the right place?

The big picture, I'm trying to find out why the value from Kepware OPC is showing different than iFix. Two separate OPC servers, one source (S7 PLC), two different values. No scaling in iFix or Kepware, so I'm looking at the simatic config.

Hope this isn't confusing, and thanks in advance for your pointers!

I have never heard about this, and I cannot find anything about scaling of tags in Simatic Net.
The big picture, I'm trying to find out why the value from Kepware OPC is showing different than iFix. Two separate OPC servers, one source (S7 PLC), two different values.
Please show us some screenshots what the differences are, and also if possible online screenshot from a watch table in STEP7 with the same variables.

Thank you Jesper, I could not find anything either. I'll look for something else causing the issue. I will post a follow up when I find the issue. Tak og farvel!

I have never heard about this, and I cannot find anything about scaling of tags in Simatic Net.

Please show us some screenshots what the differences are, and also if possible online screenshot from a watch table in STEP7 with the same variables.
Agree, seeing the specific values may provide some kind of clue.

That said, to the best of my knowledge, SimaticNet is super dumb. It doesn't DO anything except shove data around. It isn't an OPC server package, it's a suite of tools for communicating to S7 PLCs via every protocol, it just so happens one of the supported data sinks is OPC.