SimaticNet (OPC) - iFix 4.5

sapoleon

Hi,
I am starting to build my application in iFix, and I have a new complication now.
I am working against a S7-400H system. I want to know if someone have done this before (sure someone has). The thing is, that I don't know how to face the problem. I think I have to make tags with simaticNet to both PLC's CPU, because I don't have the redundant option included (you have to buy 2 ethernet cards and everything for it to work), so I am stuck with 2 CPUs, and one OPC.
Then I have to connect with iFix to it... and know who is working? and how to display the correct connection?

Can someone give me some tip?

Thanks

Then I have to connect with iFix to it... and know who is working? and how to display the correct connection?

Can someone give me some tip?

Hi,
to use the redundancy with the Simatic.Net OPC you will have to use a Siemens network card.
It is described here what you need:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/de/24967025

I think it would also be possible to do something equal with the normal OPC and some scripting in iFix (by analyzing the OPC server status).
I would prefer the "out of one hand" option by Siemens.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your tip, I also prefer that option, but I am well past it.
I am looking to see how can I implement it in iFix. The OPC values I have already manage to make symbols for them in the OPC, so I now have to make the logic in iFix.

Is there any way in iFix to specify 2 addresses according to redundancy? that's to say, just specify that I have 2 PLCs that one is the redundant of the second?

Thanks