SimaticNET OPC for FMS (S5 PLC)

bevanweiss

Hi all,

I've currently got a bit of a problem trying to work out how the addressing to access a 'tag' (variable index) should be done with SimaticNET.

I've got a connection to the PLC as the image shows (CP5431 in a S5-135U rack), and this connection is UP. I do have a number of variable indexes defined within the config of the CP5431 (100 through 108 at least). So I would expect to have seen these shown under the variables 'folder'.

I have also setup 'Object dictionary's for the FMS connections (within NetPro). So I was almost expecting to see nicely named tags too. However I see nothing. When trying to expand out the variables 'folder' it just produces the red cross (suggesting there are no 'tags' beneath this folder).

Anyone have experience with this? Where am I going wrong?

Regards,
Bevan

FMS Variables.jpg