Siemens network configuration data

mister wiggle

I need to make a change to a remote site's network configuration. My question to the board is, is this data stored in the System Data block? Can I make the change in Step 7 and just have the site download the updated System Data block to their PLC? Thanks in advance...

Hello mister wiggle;
Yes, basically, and theoretically, that is how you do it. Open your project with HardwareConfig or Netpro, depending on the type of network or the type of change you need to implement, correct the configuration, save and compile, download the new SDB to the CPU. Make sure your hardware changes are implemented too, so that the new configuration matches it.
Please make sure to give us more info next time, for more precise answers.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier