Siemens PLC and double network

teo87mat

Hello All,
IÂ’m starting a new project where the plc is connected throught LAN with external software which write some data on PLC db, obviously PLC is also connected with I/O devices and wincc.
The goal is to keep i/o device(and maybe also scada pc) outside of the main network while the PLC should be connected with that external software. The solution is to use PLC with 2 or more PN? There are other solutions?
Thanks in advance
Best Reagards

If you have something like a 1515-2, with two ethernet interfaces, this is easy. 1st interface goes to IO and HMI, 2nd interface goes to upper level network, to do whatever other thing you need.

If your PLC only has 1 interface, you can add a CP card to add another ethernet interface, or you could use something like an S615 to route to the other network (with firewall rules, etc, possibly NAT depending on the situation).