Export db from S7 to microsoft excel

shandra_ck

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to export db from S7 to ms Excel?
I read about creating macros in Ms. Excel but I don't have any clue on how to do it?

Please assist.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

What is it exactly you want to achieve ?
To let Excel import live data from the PLC while online ?
Or to take the DB values from an offline project file and import it into Excel ?

The "easiest" is to use OPC. I does mean that you have to write some scripts in Excel. I have a quick-start guide how to do it, but unfortunately it is in danish. I have been unsuccesful in location anything in english language about connecting OPC and Excel (strange when one considers that this should be a relatively frequent application). If someone knows a manual or guide in english please post it !

You will need to purchase an OPC server that can speak with your S7. If your online connection is MPI or Profibus via a CP5511, CP5512 or CP5611 then it could be PROFIBUS SOFTNET-S7 6GK1704-5CW62-3AA0.

Setting up the OPC connection between the PC and the S7 can also be a daunting task for someone that has never worked with OPC before. Try the "How to setup OPC with Simatic NET" guide that I have posted in the http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Siemens section.
Notice that this does not include the connection between the OPC server and Excel.

i read something bout this topic somewhere else. what they told there is that the people doing this kind of work everyday first make a PDF of the DB and then simply use the copy text function in acrobat and they could paste all the info of the DB by using that pdf file in excel. so i should say give that a try first it seems to me that it would save a lot of time