Export Foundation Fieldbus DD files from DeltaV

tlf30

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
Does anyone know how to export the EDD files for a device in DeltaV Explorer 12.3?
I can export the .fhx, but I have no idea how to get that into the .ffo, .sym, and .cff files.

Thanks,
Trevor

Hi Trevor, I have no experience with the DeltaV explorer,

However I do know that if the field devices are registered at the FieldComm Group's database of registered devices, (and FGC is very strict with this), you can download all the DD files from their website as long as you now the part numbers.
Registered Products | FieldComm Group

I opened a ticket with fieldcommgroup already. Specifically I'm looking for the DD files for the El-O-Matic ELQ-800 Device ID 0990, rev 3.
FCG informed me that they only have record of rev 4 for that device and sent me the rev 4 files. I'm not familiar enough with Foundation Fieldbus to know if revisions are interchangeable.

I also opened a ticket with Emerson. They are still looking for them.

The revision of the DD file has to mach whatever is in the actual device.
I hope Emerson provides you goo support. I do not have experience with such field device, hence I am not able to be of much additional help.

That is good to know, thanks. I've never done Foundation Fieldbus for anything complicated before, so this has been a learning curve for me.

So, from AMS, I can see the device. I've had no luck getting an EDD from Emerson, they are still working on it.
Is there a way to get the EDD directly from AMS?
I found the .FFO and .SYM files in the AMS devices folder, but not the .CFF file.

Is there a way to get the CFF or maybe generate one from AMS?

I do not have experience with AMS but I am gessing that, silimarly to Siemens TIA or Logix Studio, somewhere in the PC' drive, ProgramData or perhaps some obscure Common Componets folder, there should be a catalogue database. Did you try a search with fileexplorer for *.CFF files?