Beginner Needs Help with Analog Output Channel

cstr

Good Day,

I have a GE FANUC 90-30 plc with CimPlicity software. I wish to precisely control a current output (to provide to a remote solenoid valve driver) between 8 mA and 13 mA, which I understand is within my capable range of 4-24mA of the Analog output module.

How do I program a rung on the ladder so that I can manually (from the laptop with the PLC connected) adjust this current quickly and precisely with the range I specified?

Thanks for the help,

Jay (cstr)

Assuming your analog output is configured for 4 - 20 mA (and not 0 - 20 mA), a value of 0 in the %AQ register will give you 4 mA output and a value of 32000 in the %AQ register will give you 20 mA output.

8 mA is 20% of full scale, so 20% of 32000 is 6400. Put that value in the %AQ register to get 8 mA output.

13 mA is 56.25% of full scale. 0.5625 * 32000 = 18000. A value of 18000 in the %AQ register will give you 13 mA output.

Are you using COMPLEXITY Machine Edition, or COMPLEXITY HMI? (Sorry, just had to do that, I really do love GE!) Do you want to control this setpoint manually for troubleshooting purposes, or want a user interface to adjust during normal operation? Can you give us a better description of your situation? Then we can give a more focused answer.