sinec docs ???

catalin78

hello !

i have visited a factory wich has s5 automation and i want to change them with s7 products like s7 300 or 400 , these plc are connected in a sinec network .
s5 plcs use cpu 944 and 943 and they are connected trough interface si2
the network has bus terminals bt 777
one of the plcs has a card with code 6es5940-1aa21 wich i can't identify.

i am asking if someone could tell me how to identify what kind of network i have here and how it's the easyer way to convert to s7 technology.
if you people know some links about sinec l1 l2 and other versions docs please help .
i have a field pg station cables and almost all software i need to operate.
waiting for your input , thanks a lot .

Hello catalin78;

These are the requirements of Profibus cables:

PFB_cablespecs.jpg

Bus cables 707-x for Sinec L1 have specs that are very similar (look at Entry ID:188068 on Siemens' support website).

So basically it seems likely that you an use the existing cables for Profibus linking to your new controller, especially if you use Profibus connectors and setup speeds of 1,5 MB and less (this was the maximum limit of the L1 bus). Remember that bus speed depends on the total length of the bus.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks dchartier , on the factory i have a pc who sends data to all plcs it has a program running in dos called pc-uesr , i have docs on it but is in german , do you know anything about it?

pc-uesr it is protocol driver to send receive data with a network card from pc the card is df32 or something like this , if someone needs the software mail me , but docs are in german :(