Sinec H1 on s5 cpu 115

ShaunCroman

Hi

I have a Sinec H1 card with both the run and stop lights currently illuminated.

The CPU is in Run.

Just got handed this and no idea what steps have been done in order to get it to this state.

I suspect the Flash card or the module itself may be faulty.- Anyone with any experience come across this before?
Unfortunately i don't seem to have the Sinec software as well

Exactly what type no is the CP ?

The CP1430 have RUN and STOP lamps, and only one of these should be active at a time.
Any change if you flip the RUN/STOP switch on the CP to STOP and back to RUN ?
Anyway, I suspect that the CP is dead. Maybe it is time to migrate this ancient PLC to something newer ?

Fault

Jesper
Hopefully you can see the error as I think i have attached a photo file. Yes it would be nice to upgrade but as I was just called in on a best endevours basis I think it may be a little rude to start laying down the law.

Ta for your help

fault.jpg

And did you try to flip the RUN/STOP switch ?

The price of a spare CP1430 TF will probably be more than a new S7-1500 to replace the entire rack.
By the different yellowing of the modules in the rack, I can tell that parts have been replaced many times already.

Fault

Jesper

I would imagine that is true. I have toggles the run/stop switch as well as a power cycle of the entire unit to see the LED sequences on startup. The CPU is normal and the H1 card just illuminates straight away. I know little of the history of the unit so I would imagine it has been swapped in and out over many years

According to this manual
https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/144/12586144/att_107714/v1/Com1430_1d.pdf

You have the situation as described on page 128:

4. NICHT SYNCHRON (IDLE)
RUN LED an
STOP LED an
FAULT LED aus
Warten auf den Abschluß der Synchronisation; alle aktiven AG Schnittstellen müssen vom AG synchronisiert werden; PG-Schnittstelle ist freigegeben
Translated:
Waiting for synchronization to complete; all possible AG interfaces must be synchronized by the AG; PG interface is alive

Not sure if that helps.
Looks like the CP is waiting for the CPU to go through some syncronization steps.
This means it is probably not the CP that is defective