Converting from TI505 to S7

Unregistered

U
Please let me know if anybody has experience in conversion from TI505 to S7.
i converted most of the blocks but some blocks are giving me errors. these blocks are asking for FC1 and FB1. How can i convert the array access manually. i will be very much thankful.
In case if any body needs some more information regarding my question. please mail me on [email protected]

Thanks

fahad

Hi Fahad

Yes I've tried this, with varying degrees of success. But, then again, I suppose it depends on what your expectations are.

The conversion produces more than one source file. Indeed, depending on your selection at the time of the conversion, it may produce a large number of source files. One things that's not always clear is the order in which they have to be compiled. The conversion doesn't produce a MAKE file to ensure they get compiled in the correct order. You may also find calls to FCs and FBs which are supplied in the TI-S7 Converting Library - FC105 (scale), FC106 (unscale) are particularly common examples. You do need to copy these blocks (plus any others required)from the library in to your project blocks folder in order to produce a successful compilation.
One other thing that amazes me is that with some FCs/FBs, when they are called in the source files, don't have their parameters listed in the order in which they appear on the blocks themselves. It seems incredible that whoever wrote the conversion process didn't get this bit correct.

You'll gather from this that the most successful conversions are ones based on relatively simple TI code: standard boolean logic, basic maths functions, timing, counting etc. As soon as you get in to any of the more complex areas of PID loops, Special Functions etc I would definitely consider writing the S7 code from scratch.

Good luck

Ken