AB : Controllogic

I/O Memory is the amount of physical I/O addressing space the Processor can support, and can change based on the CPU.

"Data and Logic Memory" is the amount of memory available for, well, uhhh.. 'Data and Logic'. That is, tags you create, program code, UDT Definitions and instances, etc. It's base size depends on the memory module attached to the processor.

Am I correct in assuming that the memory size (ie. 3.7 or 7Mb) of the PLC (same CPU) will not have an effect on the I/O memory.

Yes, that is correct.

You can verify this yourself, if you have RSLogix5000 Version 13 and up. Create a project, select a processor, then go go the "Memory" tab on the CPU Properties and try changing the memory module from the drop-down.

Similar Topics

I have some new equipment, half came with the MTS R Series temposonics, and the other with the MTS G Series temposonics. The R series uses the...
Replies
Views
how do you setup a message in controllogic to read the input/output table of a plc 5, is this possible
Replies
Views
I'm new to HART enabled process devices and have been unable to find what Foxboro IDP10-T HART differental pressure transmitter variables that I...
Replies
Views
I need to read Drive status from 10 GV3000/SE drives. I am using ControlLogix processor @ V13.31 and the path is via ControlNet. I see plenty on...
Replies
Views
i have worked with rslogic 500ab.i started a new job they have controllogic 5000,is it similar 500 and how do they compare.i had my first look at...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom