Installation issue

Hundikoer

Hi guys

I know, it's more IT question I will ask, but as here is a lot of experienced guys, I will shoot anyway.

So, I have Win Server 2003 and now I tried to install RSAutomation desktop. Everything should be OK, but during installation, the installation stops (I think during installation of examples).
The errormessage is :

System.FormatException
Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDouble(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at NOSDE.DBAbstraction.SQLServer.SQLServerAbs.buildInsertCommand(String strTable, NOSRowData data)
at NOSDE.NOSConfiguration.buildInsertCommand(String strTable, NOSRowData data)
at NOSDE.DataImport.NOSLoadDataXML.runDataScript(NOSConfiguration noscon, nos_map map, String strFile)

==========================================
NOSDE.InternalClasses.NOSException
Import failed to add object of type 'AutomationDesktopServer.adTemplate'. ObjectID = '052bd2ff-9e04-48ec-a0b3-c67ecfd43e1b' RowID = '9e6ad811-d99f-4ea9-a33a-8764abd66593' from file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\RockwellSoftware\AutomationDesktopServer\NOSLoader\Default_Data\Object_V33\5TankTemplateLib.nosxdat

Error Code: -99
at NOSDE.DataImport.NOSLoadDataXML.runDataScript(NOSConfiguration noscon, nos_map map, String strFile)
at NOSDE.DBAbstraction.NOSDBLoader.load(WizardInfo wizinfo)

==========================================
NOSDE.InternalClasses.NOSException
Failed to create database (load())

Error Code: -99

Server stack trace:
at NOSDE.DBAbstraction.NOSDBLoader.load(WizardInfo wizinfo)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at NOSDE.DBAbstraction.loadDatabase.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at NOSDE.DBAbstraction.NOSInstallUF.loadComplete(IAsyncResult res)

I have all MSSQL (2000SP3a), IIS , FT, and .NET installed.
Another thing is, whe I try to configure IIS, I cannot open under the Local Computer tree, Application Pools > Default App Pool > RSAutomation Desktop > Properties.

There is not such button at all...

I am quite confused

Hope someone can suggest some workaround.

BR
Lauri

I would guess that RSAutomation is not set-up as a user in MSSQL.

If you are using Win2003 Server an need to configure IIS, you can do so from the Manage Your Server window.

Thanks Tark

If I am opening this Manage Server, I still cannot open properties of RSAutomation Desktop. The item is in place.

Also I am afraid, that my IT guy is not able to fix the RS issues (I have probably more experience and patience)

Lauri

Also I have an error in FactoryTalk Diagnostiv Viewer.Is it problem with MSSQL configuration?
Does anyone have a idea?

BR
Lauri

Lauri,

Thanks for PMing me with a link to your post, rather than trying to send me your question directly. That was a smart move!

I let the Rockwell dudes handle our installation. We're also hosting the server on a Windows 2000 server now. So, I'm not sure how much I can help. But I guess I could have one piece of advice:

Be aware that Windows 2003 and WinXP SP2 security create lots of issues with distributed software. There are tech notes on the AB web site on how to open things up (also be careful to consider how this effects your system security). The knowledge base may also help you to locate the IIS install option in the Windows setup utility. It's buried pretty deep in the 2003 server install options.

AK

Thanks Akreel joining the discussion

Yesterday evening I noticed something strange. When installation process created database (NOS), it finished step4 of 7 (if I remebere correctly), step 5 and then jumped back to step 4, then step 5 and hanged (gave error, but I was not able to recover situation I had before installation) in the second half of step 6.

Free space in harddrive just like melted.
What the hell!

At the moment I wil try to run it in one PC.
Also I was not able to locate any Knowledgebase documents in RA website.

BR
Lauri

I found this document. http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/2C6230A023C3273C85256F89006CFC7D?OpenDocument

The screenshots don't look quite right, though.

I'm not sure what you mean about the installation skipping steps. I don't remember how that process works. But, it sounds like something could be really wrong with your server. This is a new installation, right? During the installation, can you select the option to delete the existing database. Uninstalling Automation Desktop and starting over may help. But to me, it really sounds like SQL died or something.

AK

Thanks akreel

I let to check that by my IT guy. So I gave up. My nervs are not in such condition to waste my time as most automation software manufacturers use as much MS components as possible. But it's already new topic.

I'll keep you informed, what was the result.

BR
Lauri