System upgrade

Riptide

I'm currently working on an application where I will be replacing SY/MAX system.

My thoughts, is to use controllogix and communicate through modbus+ protocol using MVI56-MBP which will communicate to Modicon BM85Y422 BridgeMux (Modbus Plus to SY/MAX gateway) across our SY/NET to the other SY/MAX processors.

Question: Will this be practical?

I haven't tried the equipment you're suggesting, yet. We're going to try a similar route to convert SY/MAX messaging into something a CLX can read. I think it'll be a SY/NET to ethernet CIP or DF1/DH485 conversion.

Personally, protocol conversions scare me.
Usually, one of the controllers ends up talking with an accent.
AK

Similar Topics

Have a customer with a small facility with a PLC-2 based system for all discrete control. All analog inputs and outputs have their own standalone...
Replies
Views
Hello and Good Day All, We are looking forward to upgrade a ControlLogix redundant system upgrade. Existing system is based on redundant chassis...
Replies
Views
I've heard mixed opinions on this matter but if a machine is to go through a control system upgrade to what extent are you liable for reviewing...
Replies
Views
Good day to all.. I was previously using Simatic Manager Step 7 Version 5.4 SP 3.1 in my laptop with operating system MS XP Professional. I have...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know if it is a requirement that when you make a control system upgrade (new drives, PLC, HMI, etc.) are you required (and by whom)to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom