start up test

walters

hi all, when i start up my mitsubishi FX0 PLC i first want it to test the lamps that signal any error or when proces is in stop or run but i cant get it to work

http://img260.echo.cx/my.php?image=vbopstart5jc.png

i saw its not very clear what i made so i shal tell what i have used:
M1
M2
T10
set
res(reset)
lamp

but what have i done wrong cause my timer keeps on running.
i programmed it to run 10 sec and then switch on but when its at 10 sec. he starts again at 0
thx in advance
regards walters

The problem is that you are resetting M1, which restarts the timer. Just eliminate the RST M1 at the end. M1 is not retentive, so it will be turned off when power is cycled.

Since you only want to run the timer once at startup, use the RUN contact (M8000) to enable your timer. Try this:

| M8000 T10
|----] [-------------( 10s )
|
| T10
|----]/[------------( LAMP TEST )
|
| T10
|----] [------------( TEST DONE )

🍻

-Eric

Note to Phil: The
 code doesn't survive a 'preview' (bet you already knew that!)... ;)

Eric...
I just previewed a copy of your ladder, with the [LADDER] codes a dozen times... I never lost the [LADDER] codes.

| M8000 T10
|
| T10
|
| T10

EDIT: The ladder codes are still there when I edit after posting.

Terry Woods said:
Eric...
I just previewed a copy of your ladder, with the
 codes a dozen times... I never lost the 
 codes.

| M8000 T10
|
| T10
|
| T10

EDIT: The ladder codes are still there when I edit after posting.

I should have said the fomatting doesn't survive. Notice above that just by quoting your post, the spacing of the element names disappears. At least on my end... :(

The purpose of the
 tags is to preserve all 'space' characters.

🍻

-Eric

Yeah... that part I know about.

I write all my ladder in Word, in Courier, then cut-n-paste. It's the only way that I know of.