STEP7 Rewiring - how ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,
I am trying to use the rewiring function in STEP7, but cannot get it right. I get "syntax error" when I try to rewire from something as straightforward as I0.0 to I0.1
What am I doing wrong ?
STEP7rewire.GIF

Answering my own post (sorry guys):

A wild stab at using german terms, E0.0 in stead of I0.0, worked.
Also, I must use A0.0 and not Q0.0.

My STEP7 is installed with english language. It looks like there is a slight oversight from Siemens here.

edit:
Thanks Walters, I didnt know there was a rewiring function in the Symbol editor as well.

Last edited:
Jesper, I just gave it a try, and the first thing I noticed is that it only works with Absolute Address priority. But you must have it set that way to get into the rewire screen in the first place.

I was able to rewire using the same inputs you used. The only way I could get a syntax error was by entering E0.0 and E0.1. Are you sure that your project is set up for English mnemonics?

edit: Never mind. :)

S7Guy,
I think that everything is setup to english menmonics. I use english everywhere (A and not U for AND, and I and not E for an input).
In "Options".."Customize".."Language" tab English language and mnemonics are selected.
Are there other language settings somewhere ?

Hmmm. So you have Step7 setup with English settings but the rewire function requires German syntax. Those wacky Siemens guys.

Let's try this: Save your project to a different name while under the English settings, and then open it. Maybe there are some German settings stored in the original project that you can't get to.

Let's try this: Save your project to a different name while under the English settings, and then open it.
I have done that allready.
Actually: As I have only english installed on my PC, and have saved the project under a new name several times, it should have "fixed itself" by now.
It is not a big deal, so dont waste your time with it. Thanks anyway :)

edit:
Maybe the clever Siemens programmers are checking my time settings, and as I have the same as our friends in Germany, they figure that I am now in Germany :p

Last edited: