Calling FC-105/106 multiple times in Siemens Step7

aamirawan91

This is the first time I am working with Simatic Manager Step7 as I started my siemens journey with TIA which is pretty easy and do a lot of stuff automatically. Anyway, I am trying to use the scaling functions from the step7 library "FC-105" for scaling and "FC-106" for unscaling. I have to call these functions multiple times as there are a lot of analog inputs to be scaled and a few analog outputs to be unscaled. I used/called the function FC-105 for the first time without any issues but as soon as i dragged and dropped it the second time it said "The object 'FC105' already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?". Now what should i do here? Should i rename it or overwrite it? How does selecting either effects the program?

Once you have dragged it from the library it will exist in your project so use the project blocks folder from then on.