Communication With Slc 500 Processor

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYBODY

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THAT HOW I CAN USE MY LAPTOP (COM 1) TO GO ON LINE WITH 1747-PIC AND SLC 500 PROCESSOR .
I HAVE WIN XP ON IT AND IF NOT WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES .
MANY THANKS
PERSPOLIS

What software do you have ??

Well for starters you going to need the software (RSlogix500)
Then possibly a AB Personal PC Interface Converter...

You will need RSLogix 500 ver 5.20.00 or above (5.20.00) was the first version to support winXP but i have heard of people using older versions like 4.5.

As long as this laptop has the serial port built in then you shouldnt have a problem with the 1747-PIC but you will need to obtain RSLinx 2.30.00 or higher, RSLinx lite is offered on the AB website as a free download.

IF your laptop doesnt have a serial port and you are attempting to use a USB adapter it probably wont work, a pcmcia adapter to serial might work.

Hope this helps.

It is also possible to communicate via the 9 pin connector using the rs232 driver within RSLinx. Some versions of RSLinx do not offer the 1747 pic driver. You would have to connect serially using a 232 cable and use the RSWho function to locate your processor. It may be necessary to Autoconfigure the driver once you are connected. Good Luck!
RJenkins