Help please

archer

ok iv got a simple program that runs a 24hour clock, i would like to know how to modify it in such a way that, say an extraxtion fan will be energised for 20 minutes at 40minutes past eigth in the evening

If you want help you will need to post the following:

1. The exact PLC model you are programming
2. A copy of the program you are modifying
3. A description of the modification (with I/O points) you wish to make.

It's going to be difficult to offer anything more than generalities since you declined to indicate what make and model PLC you have.

You don't need to start a new thread each time you post. Click on "Quick Reply" or "Post Reply" to add your comments to the existing thread.

If you want help, you'll also need to tell us what you've done so far to help yourself. If your degree is at stake over your inability to program comparison functions in ladder logic, perhaps you don't really deserve a degree.

There is a saying here in the USA that seems to apply here; "Poor planning on your part does not constitute a crisis for me".

Steve Bailey said:
There is a saying here in the USA that seems to apply here; "Poor planning on your part does not constitute a crisis for me".

Actually, that is fairly kind. I must admit my first thought was "Get your TS card punched by the chaplain."

Steve Bailey said:

Superb saying Steve.

Which I'd had that one the other day when some fella rang me up all in a tizz because after three months in order to plan a job, he realised that he'd done nothing about it and expected me to dig him out of the brown stuff... (y)

BTW, told him I was busy...