Deleting Tasks in CL5k

jimdi4

I want to delete program tasks in my program however when I right click and try to delete the delete function is "grayed out". I still have program tags defined in that task and I cannot seem to get rid of them, they are not "cross referenced" to anything either.

I even tried to unschedule the task but it still doesn't delete...I also removed the associated I/O configuration & still no luck...

I am using version R13.00 but the program was done in version R11.15

BTW...I found the following on a similar topic in the forum. I did everything it states except I cannot delete the program tags (step 5 below)...I feel once I can do this part, I should be able to delete the tasks....

Any Ideas out there?????

Wednesday April 07, 2004 12:17 PM

“DBernstein” – Were you attempting to set the Program’s Main Routine to <null> online with the Logix controller in Run or Test mode? The operation is not allowed in these modes. Logix allows the configuration from <null> to some routine while running but it cannot be changed after that. I cannot think of any other reason why the option would be grayed out.

“MGregorie” – The following is an extract from RSlogix 5000 Help:

A program contains routines, including a main routine, and tags and is scheduled in a task. To delete it, you must first remove its contents and unschedule it.
1. Unschedule the program you want to delete from the task in which it is scheduled.
2. Configure the main routine of the program to "<none>."
3. Configure the fault routine of the program to "<none>."
4. Delete each routine in the program or move them to a different program.
5. Delete all of the program tags in the program or move them to a different program or to the controller tags.
6. Select the program in the Controller Organizer.
7. From the Edit menu, choose Delete.
8. When the confirmation dialog appears, click on Yes to delete the program.

If in step 7, delete is still disabled, then
7.1 Select the program in the Controller Organizer
7.2 Select “Cross Reference”
7.3 If the program is referenced somewhere, remove those references.

“mollyvon11” – The following is an extract from RSlogix 5000 Help:

Each task contains the programs that it executes. Before you can delete the task, you must unschedule each program.
1. Unschedule each program under the task.
2. Select the task in the Controller Organizer.
3. From the Edit menu, choose Delete.
4. When the confirmation dialog appears, click on Yes to delete the task.

If in step 3, delete is still disabled, then
3.1 Select the task in the Controller Organizer
3.2 Select “Cross Reference”
3.3 If the task is referenced somewhere, remove those references.

You should not have to resort to Import for this operation.

Last edited:
DAAAAAAAAA,

It helps when you are not in tag monitor but tag edit mode....Everythings ok..Now able to delete the tasks!