E-Designer: Message Library

Is there any way of prioritising message libraries?

For example;

I have one library which constanlty runs in line with the steps in my plc code. This would be low priority due to a second library containing Alarm messages.

When a new alarm occurs it my be displayed in front of the step messages but the step message must not be lost.

Hi.

What terminal are you using?

"Library index reg:
Used for indexing of the message libraries. The number of the library the texts are to be collected from is indicated in the message object. If an index register is defined, the content in the index register is added to the number given in the object. This makes it possible to control from which library the texts are to be taken with a register."

This is from the help text. I think this would be a good way of controlling the messages!

Hope it was of some help.

Dariusch

I dont put alarms in libraries; I put them in the alarm section, either groups or all in one.

When an alarm is active - (depending which model) an alarm banner flashes
You can make the terminal auto display the alarm page or just show an alarm condition has happened and leave the operator to press the alarm page button

gareth.cantrill said:
When a new alarm occurs it my be displayed in front of the step messages but the step message must not be lost.
Are you using separate 'message' objects for the status and alarm displays? If not, you should. Actually, you should use an 'alarm banner' for the alarms. This adds the benefit of time/date stamping.

You can make the 'visible' property of you message banner trigger off an 'alarm' bit. When an alarm is present, make the message invisible (and make the alarm banner visible). Then they can both occupy the same position on the screen.

🍻

-Eric

Hi,

I am using a E100 text display terminal.

All status message are currently under a message library.

Is it incorrect practice to put alarms under a message library too?

Where you allocate a tag to a item, what does the I1, I2, etc.. do?

If you are using the E100 terminal you have no option of using the "alarmbanner".
The only way is by using the "message liberay" (There is no other options - Alarm handling is only supported from E200 and up).

The best way, I think, is by using to message liberay, and make a jump to another block, when an alarm accures.
You can control that by using the "New display reg" under "System setting".

I1, I2 etc. is for Index. ex. you have a object to control som frekvency for some motors.
By using Index, you can control witch motor whos frekv. that has to be set. The indexing is doing in your PLC program (if it is connectet to one.

You should use the help in the E-designer (F1, There is a lot of good answers and it is also very good explain.

Hope this might help you.

Dariusch

Last edited:
The Exxx Terminals E50 - E1000 is made By Beijer in sweden. The company is related to Mitsubishi.

But mitsubishi has also their own terminals the "GOT" It is a little cheaper than the Exxx terminals, but the E is easy programming. And also they are easy to use for Transparent use ex. getting data from the Mitsubishi drives and connecting to a plc.
You can also use the E-terminal as a standalone with up to 32 Mitsubishi drives. Where you can control the frekvency start/stop etc.

The E-Designer is the software pakage for programming the Exxx Terminals.

Dariusch