slc 500 Basic Module

mmm18

I am new to the Basic Module..........Could anybody give me an over view of what it does and what types of applications it can be use for.

Thanks

We still use them for collecting data from protection relays etc. to route through to the SCADA system. Also we still use them for data communications with remote mining machinery.

We don't seem to use them as much now, the trend is to use ProSoft Cards with Modbus communications. A lot easier to set up.

Regards, Tim.

we use the basic module to read barcodes also. it is written to N:49, i can go into the data monitor, look at N:49, change the language to ASCII, and it will show me the barcode.

Similar Topics

Hi all I have a SLC 5/04 with a BAS module sending print data to a dot matrix printer. In the Basic program in this module, there are what...
Replies
Views
Hello, Here we have the mentionned PLC which had, in the beginning, a serial line printer connected to one of the serial port of the basic module...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to program an EEPROM chip on an A/B SLC 500 processor with a 1746-BASIC card. I have a very simple 3 line BASIC program and I'm using...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone.. I have 1 basic module SLC 500(1746 Bas), now i want to back up programmed (upload), but i dont know to cumunicate with this...
Replies
Views
By using the PRT1 Port can I communicate using the HyperTerminal Com1 port of my PC. I would like to modify the program inside the Module...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom