OPC Server for RSView

fids

I'm doing a project using RSView and i will use Ethernet as communication network. There are existing PLC SLC5/05 and Modicon Quantum with NOE771 00 ethernet card. what is the OPC server that i can used for the modicon PLC so that i can gather data. thanks in advance for your recommendations.

IF you google "Modicon Quantum OPC server Ethernet" then you will get quite a bunch of links to suppliers of OPC servers that should work for you.

Funny though, it doesnt look like Grp. Schneider has an OPC server, or do they ?

NB: Remember that you can try before you buy with most OPC servers (I havent seen an OPC server that did not allow you to check it out in demo mode).

Last edited:
As a first move I'd suggest going to www.kepware.com and downloading the demo version of their OPC server. I haven't used it on Quantums or SLC's but I'd be very surprised if two such popular controllers aren't supported. Depending on what version of RSView you've got you may already have a licenced version of RSLinx which'll do the SLC's for you. (If you're using RSViewME then you should have a copy of the Kepware CE drivers which is pretty much the only way to go to get non-AB controllers onto the system)

I'd also recommend the Kepware OPC server, I use it everyday. I have used it for PLC5, SLC500, control logix, Mitsubishi, Omron, Eurotherm, modbus.
I find it very stable.
You can use RSLinx Pro for OPC to AB plc's, however I dont recommend it!
you can download a time limited full demo of the kepware opc server. from www.kepware.com.
Also Matrikon do some good opc servers, but they seem to be very expensive, altho very good