i have 2 machines with an op37
one from 2002 and one from 1998
both running with an op37 one with a 135u s5 system normal tty connection
and one with a s7 300 315dp cpu
i have protool v5.2
when i download the program of the newer machine for the op everything is ok
when i download the program for the older machine protool says downl is ok
but the program in the op doesnt work
could tis be that its programmed with an older version of protool??

Please Explain

When you say it doesn't work, what are the details?

For example: When I download and it says its ok, but when runtime starts, it doesn't communicate etc.

Unregistered

Are you attempting to download the same program/configuration to both OP's?

The program for the S5 connected OP will have subtle differences to the one connected to the S7, addressing comes to mind.

I can't help you any more than that, as I have never used an OP37

Paul

no its a different program
but one is written in 1997 - 1998
and the other one in 2002
but its the same type op37
when i mean it doesnt work
downloading works fine
but it doesnt comunicate and some parts of the grafics dont show and the buttons to select other windows dont work
The program is ok because its the original from the constructor.

Troubleshooting

I do not know of any issues. If it loads in the version of protool, connects and downloads, it should work. Some things to check:

1. Have you tried downloading the 2 diffent projects to the same HMI.

2. If you have been doing it on the same one then try this. Do a 3 finger salute (clear it out) on the HMI between downloads just to make sure it is not a difference in platforms that is making the panel Malfunction.

3. Get the latest copy of prosave v6.o from the Siemens website and upload the configuration from the working panel and then transfer it to the one that will not work. I do not know how many panels you have there. Make sure you do not lose what is working. Backup, backup and then make a Backup:)