sequential starting/stopping

mrmjb

Hi
I'm trying to get the plc to start 5 outputs in sequence, and shut them down in sequence. Not a problem my problem is trying to interrupt the start up sequence with the stop switch and have the sequence reverse itself and be able to use the start switch and reverse the sequence again.
I'm currently taking a PLC course and we are using a SLC 100 with the PCIS programming. I have only used RTO's,RTF's and RST's in the program. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Mike

Last edited:
Sounds like a head scratcher I give to some of the Electricians who want to learn basic plc programming. Although my outputs are hooked up to lights which makes it much more easier...or does it? Your situation can be done using internal relays. Actually thats one of my rules. Using only internal relays will make you appreciate the Plc scan. Oh, and by the way "no setting,pulsing,or reseting of relays either". I strongly suggest you take one step at a time and forget about the whole picture.

Tim

Tim
Thanks for the input. I have one question though, is there any way to test the program using PCIS without sending it to the plc. Since I am learning the programming at a community college I have the basic program on disk so I can play with it in my spare time but the only access I have to a plc is in class and I would like to work on it and have it ready for class Tuesday. Any suggestions you might have would be most helpful.
thanks again
Mike

There is no way to simulate it w/o the PLC.

BTW, the SLC100 has been obsolete for 5-7 years. You can't even buy one any more. I suppose it is fine for teaching basics. Your school could probably get AB or someone to donate more current stuff.

Thanks Rick
We are using the SLC100 to learn the basics and are moving into micro logic. This was one last problem we were working on with the 100 when I get it operating and I WILL, I'm very close. I may convert it to micro logic since I don't have the program for micro logic to play with outside of class.
thanks again
Mike