ISaGRAF

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Do any of you know anything about this crowd?

http://www.isagraf.com/

One of my customers appears to be interested from the "sale blurb".

I know nothing about them or the capabilities of the product, which manufacturers support them etc.

Forget the downloads unless you have high speed internet. They are HUGE! Even then their website is quite slow - only 50 odd k per second.

I have downloaded a demo version of everything and a whole pile of pdf's to have a look. Do not really have the time quite frankly. However!

Any usefull information would be appreciated.

They're the producer of one of the early 'soft' PLC systems. A French company - I think they were purchased a few years ago by Montreal-based Altersys.

I've looked at it but never used it. From memory, the programming was SFC (or Grafcet - hence the name) and structured text. The development system runs on windows, but they have run-time engines for a number of different hardware platforms and OS's.

Several years ago when AB/Rockwell were selling a small 'Open Controller' (a 386 system in a micrologix-size case) they offered a version of IsaGraf to go with it.

BobB
This is the product that runs on the Omron ONC and the C200HPC cpus. So you have some history with it, even though you didn't know it.:nodi:

Jay, I have never used either of these products. Is it part of CX-One? If so I will be able to have a look quite easily.

IsaGraf was bought by ICS Triplex and is their programming
software for the "Trusted" (TMR) controllers . I use it and once
you learn how to navigate it is alot easier to use compared to
Triconex. It is capable of structured text, function block, ladder and
flow chart style programming. TMR programming is a little different
than AB, Modicon, or Seimens if you have never had the chance
to do so.