Questions i need answered ASAP

tony appleby

Can anyone answer these questions ASAP please

1 What voltage is used on the input of the toshiba PLC?

2 What are R relays used for?

3 What type of ladder contact is used to invert the status of a normally open switch connected to an input?

4. What is required to ensure that a counter does not mis-count when driven by a physical set of contacts?

tony appleby said:
Can anyone answer these questions ASAP please

1 What voltage is used on the input of the toshiba PLC?

Answer: Read your book

2 What are R relays used for?

3 What type of ladder contact is used to invert the status of a normally open switch connected to an input?

4. What is required to ensure that a counter does not mis-count when driven by a physical set of contacts?

Answer: You guessed it, read the book

Questions like this won't get you any answers you've got to show us you put some effort into it.

Come back after you read the book, show us you read something and then you'll probably get some help, which if you read the book you probably won't need.

What's your hurry? Is the test today?

Question 1.
A) Purple
B) DC from 5 to 50 volts; AC from 24 to 240 volts
C) A voltage level compatible with the input circuit.
D) 3.14159 VDC

Question 2.
A) Switching high-current loads
B) High-Resistance wiring
C) Internal status bits
D) Regulating current

Question 3.
A) A contact capable of performing a Boolean XOR function
B) A contact capable of performing a Boolean NOT function
C) An inverting contact
D) A Diode

Question 4.
A) An out-of-work auditor from the Arthur Anderson Co.
B) Make sure that the physical contact is on for at least 100 mS.
C) Make sure that the physical contact is on for less than 100 mS.
D) Debounce the signal from the physical contact

You have to be kidding!

"ASAP" ???!!!?????

I didn't respond well to that even when it came from guys that were paying my salary.

WELL WELL WELL......MMMM

WHY DON´T YOU BUY PHILLS BOOK ASAP AND START STUDING ASAP... PERHAPS YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWERS ASAP... AND WHO KNOWS ... YOU MAY EVEN COMPLETE YOUR HOMEWORK IN TIME...

NO MORE ASAP !!!

SAY NO TO ASAP...

Toshiba plc programmers are quite rare. It is not a popular brand. I learned them because I had to.
But your demand was as subtle as a sledge hammer.

You could have asked just one of those questions and you might have had a reply. But barging in and demanding answers ASAP is not going to get you anywhere.

Try again in a polite and civil way and maybe someone will yield to your request.

Out of curiousity I did a web search for "Toshiba plc". The first page listed had all the info pertaining to Toshiba plc's you could ask for.

I thought I had dealt with Toshiba in the past but couldnt remember when then I saw the Cutler Hammer page and remembered that Toshiba built their line of plc's.

That reminded of something, years ago I worked in a plant that bagged a cementitious product. The bagging process was automatic, a magazine held the bags and an arm picked up one bag and placed it for another arm to pickup and place on spout. Anyway I got called in one night because nothing would work, I spent hours looking at the system. I had all inputs working, power was good but no outputs at all. I tried everything but couldnt understand why the plc wasnt working. Anyway I was tired and couldnt think anymore so I just sat down on the floor looking at the cabinet and this plc. The thing was mounted vertically with inputs on one side and outputs on the other and an expansion module attached under it. Anyway I am just sitting on this cold floor looking at this plc, all of a sudden I notice that it has a really small switch near the center, I remember the word HALT printed by the switch. The weird part is that to put the switch in HALT you had to push UP, well the switch had to have FELL UP because it was in HALT position. I pushed the switch down (RUN) and everything worked fine.

I am telling this story not to show how slow I can be but to show that what you least expect can sometimes be the problem. Who would have thought that a switch could fall UP all by itself (stated facetiously), it never occured to me that the plc could just be off.

I hope this will help someone in the future.

having only used toshibas (the T1) i guess i should make a reply.

supply we use is from the wall (24V ac)

the R0000 im guessing you mean is a ghost contact and can be used to invert a normally open contact as such

x0000 R0000
--| |--------()-
R0000 Y020
--|\|--------()-

hope thats what you wanted but im probably wrong. (the ghost contact basically acts as a not gate or in boolean this would be "not Q"=x0000 or Y020="not x0000") again im probably way off the mark