OT: Milwaukee Talkstar

akreel

Hey Milwaukee,

I made the short list of 20 people who will be auditioning on air for the WISN (1130 am) morning show.

I don't know when the time slot will be (sometime between 6/20 and 7/? in the 5:30-8:30 drive), but I'll post more as it develops (unless Phil kills this post).

http://www.milwaukeetalkstar.com

Those of you from out of town can stream the show if you're so inclined.

AK

Congrats, Aaron!... (y)

The website still says "We are currently tabulating the results and will have the final 20 posted soon!"... I guess they need to update... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

P.S. You WILL be getting a 'plug' in for PLCS.net, right?... ;)

Last edited:
Good luck. Keep us up to date on when you will be on. Record it and post an mp3.

So you want to get out of the controls game? They said the pay was a minimum $50K. Did they act like you could get more?

Last edited:
Tom Jenkins said:
That's great, Aaron, but now what will happen when we flush our toilets?

I'll get to describe it on the air. EEEEEEEEEEW!

Rick, you're assuming I make the cut. They did say in the ads that 50K was minimum. I'm actually holding on to hope that the two jobs are not mutually exclusive. That would be pretty sweet!

AK

akreel said:
Rick, you're assuming I make the cut. They did say in the ads that 50K was minimum. I'm actually holding on to hope that the two jobs are not mutually exclusive. That would be pretty sweet!

AK

I know most morning hosts get up at about 2-3:00am. The time slot is 5:30 to 9. You won't get out till at least 10:00. A couple of gallons of coffee might help.

Aaron is an electrical engineering graduate from UW-Milwaukee. He has been working in automation and controls since graduating in spring of 2001. He has worked in the fossil power, manufacturing, and waste water industries. He is currently assigned to lead the software development for upgrades to Milwaukee’s two waste water treatment plants. His interest in this contest stems from his affection for talk radio and news/trivia. Aaron hopes that he can create a program for people who also enjoy knowing a little bit about a lot of things. Aaron would like to be Milwaukee’s 50,000 watt geek.​
Nice. He's a star.

My show date is going to be 6/30 from 7:30-8:30. Does anyone have topic suggestions?

My competition that day is "Chris T." He's currently acting in "Shear Madness" here in Milwaukee. If you haven't seen the show, it's hilarious! Chris plays the tall police officer who comes out to talk to mingle with the crowd during intermission. I'm really excited about this match up. I love theater people. Chris is on from 6:30-7:30. I let him have the early slot because I hate mornings. :sleep:

AK

I was thinking something along the lines of Leno's "Jay-walking." Maybe you could get some of the students who visit this site to call in, and you can test their PLC knowledge!! :)

(Actually, this wouldn't be much fun for the general population, but I know a number of regular posters here would love it!)

OT slightly: Aaron, your latest avatar is great! I wish I had a digital camera the last time I traveled I-96 South in Michigan. There's an exit for "Climax." I wonder if there's a sign at the city limits reading "You have just reached Climax..."

Can you tell it's a Friday?!

Rick

akreel said:
I let him have the early slot because I hate mornings. :sleep:

AK

I haven't quite figured out why you auditioned. This is a tryout for morning host.

If you can talk about our profession and not get the boot, you deserve the position. That would prove you have a gift.

How about disastrous (yet humorous in a vindictive sort of way) conflicts between man and technology? Kind of a "Darwin Awards" thing.

Rick Densing said:
I haven't quite figured out why you auditioned. This is a tryout for morning host.

I had too! It's too great an experience to pass up.
Unless I somehow find myself in the final 3, I'm not worried about actually getting the job.

Just got into Milwaukee this evening for AB drives school and saw the billboard leaving the airport...could you soon be the "shadowy figure" on the billboard?